Receiving Clerk – Blue Route
Advert reference: click_003564
Advert status: Online
Apply by: 14 August 2021
Industry: FMCG & Supply Management
Job category: Receiving
Location: Cape Town
Remuneration: Market Related
EE position: Yes
Brand: Clicks Group
Are you passionate about service excellence and helping people feel good? Are you confident to engage and communicate with our customers? We have an exciting opportunity in a Clicks store for a Receiving Clerk who will report to the Store Manager.
- To deliver service excellence through efficient monitoring of merchandise levels, driving availability of merchandise on the shop floor service and offering assistance to customers, leading to a positive customer experience.
- To efficiently execute all operational activities in a timely and efficient manner.
- To maintain high levels of accuracy and care when receiving merchandise.
- To ensure availability of merchandise through proactive planning in line with customer needs and sales.
- To ensure the safe handling of merchandise at all times ensuring measures are taken to prevent shrinkage and loss.
- To efficiently execute and maintain all merchandising and general housekeeping duties according to store and visual merchandise standards.
- To effectively execute stock principles in stockroom in line with company policies and procedures (Blueprint).
- To effectively execute all returns within specified timelines and company policies and procedures.
- To deliver superior customer service by acting as a brand ambassador, being visible and offering a friendly and professional service.
- To make customers aware of promotions in order to positively affect sales and to ensure customers “feel good and pay less”.
- To support the Group’s vision to be the customer’s first choice health and beauty retailer by living and driving the company values.
- To maintain updated knowledge on products, ranges, promotions and events in order to provide the correct information to customers at all times.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Essential: Grade 12
- Desirable: Relevant Retail/Business Management qualification
- Desirable: experience in a customer facing role within a retail/FMCG store operations environment
Skills, Abilities and Job Related Knowledge:
- Basic math calculations
- Retail/FMCG background and understanding of merchandising and promotions principles
- Understanding of stock management procedures
- Knowledge of customer service excellence
- MS Office Skills (Word, Excel)
- Planning and organising skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong customer orientation
- Good communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Numeracy skills
- Following instructions and procedures
- Planning and organising
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Relating and networking
- Working with people
- Persuading and Influencing
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
Kindly note only applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted.â€‹
We are committed to the principles of Employment Equity.