LEARNING SUPPORT & MATHEMATICS TEACHER
Rhenish Primary School
~ Stellenbosch, Western Cape ~
Rhenish Primary School aspires to provide a diverse educational experience, for children to believe in themselves and discover their true potential.
The vision of Rhenish Primary School is to nuture the balanced development of body, mind and spirit, leading to the fulfilment of each individual’s potential within the broader community in all its diversity.
The following full-time Governing Body position is available 10 August 2021 or according to candidate availability.
Learning Support and Mathematics Teacher
- Offer Learning Support intervention to Grade 4 to 7 children. Individual and group lessons. (Focus on English language and Mathematics skills)
- Manage Alternative Assessment Accommodations and develop relevant support structures needed in the classrooms.
- Responsible for the WCED application for Alternative Assessment Accommodations.
- Work closely with the Learner Support Coordinator to address barriers to learning.
- Teach one Grade 4 Mathematics class and fulfil the relevant responsibilities.
- Teach one Grade 5 Mathematics class and fulfil the relevant responsibilities.
- Collaborate with Mathematics teachers and Subject Head.
- SACE registration is required;
- English First Language speaker would be preferred;
- A suitably qualified and experienced Mathematics teacher;
- A suitably qualified Learning Support Teacher holding a postgraduate degree in Learning Support;
- Experience in offering Learning Support to children from Grade 4 to Grade 7.
- Relevant experience and training relating to Alternative Assessment Accommodations;
- Abreast with the latest research and techniques to support learners who experience barriers to learning.
- Comfortable working in Google Drive.
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team and to role-share with fellow educators;
- Professional in dealing with parents and fellow educators;
Rhenish Primary School is committed to growing a culturally rich and diverse teaching body.
Please provide the names and contact details of two recent references.
Closing date: 11 June 2021
An application does not guarantee an interview.
- Location: Western Cape
- Workplace: Primary school – state
- Position: Teaching jobs – specialist (including remedial teachers)
- Teaching subject / Area: Senior Primary / Intermediate Phase / Intersen Phase
- Deadline for application / expression of interest: Friday, 11 June 2021
- Commencement date: Tuesday, 10 August 2021
- Contact instructions: Interested applicants can email CV’s to the Principal.
- Contact details: [email protected]
- Address: Doornbosch Street, Krigeville, Stellenbosch, 7600