Cowan House > Vacancies
Commencement date: 13 July 2021
We look forward to hearing from you if you are a Registered Nurse who takes pride in being a role model for young children and are interested in catering to the health needs of our students.
There is a requirement to be on call on weekends and evenings and as such there may be an option for on site accommodation.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Nursing & Management of SAN
• Ensure compliance with procedures, protocols, and other instructions provided by the coordinator of health services or contained in division manuals and protocols.
• Provide nursing care and physical screening to students; assess students and implement first aid measures for students as needed.
• Assume responsibility for appropriate assessment, planning, intervention, evaluation, management, and referral activities for students.
• Counsel students as appropriate.
• Implement and record required screening programs; notify parents when further medical evaluation is indicated.
• Administer daily medications and nursing care procedures prescribed by the student’s physician.
• Initiate emergency procedures for students and staff as needed.
Admin and Record Management
• Establish and update health and immunization records.
• Prepare and maintain student clinic records and prepare required reports.
• Present, train and maintain appropriate standards from OSHA regarding contact with, and possible exposure to blood borne pathogens and other potentially infectious body materials within the school or employment setting.
• Follow procedures for suspected cases of child abuse and neglect.
• Act as a liaison between the school, home health department professionals, and other community agencies.
• Coordinate presentations by various agencies and professionals on pertinent health care topics for school staff.
• Maintain clinic equipment and assesses the need for consumable supplies on an annual basis.
• Manage the process for third party billing with Medicaid to obtain reimbursement for skilled nursing care.
• Hold a seat on the H & S Committee and actions accordingly
• Providing First Aid to sport and other school events
• Maintaining first aid kits within school and school vehicles
- Must be SANC approved and registered
- Dispensing license preferable
- Experience in a similar role advantageous
- The ability to work closely and co-operatively with colleagues.
- The ability to uphold the Christian Ethos and Values of the School
- A recent and valid police clearance certificate
- A valid driver’s licence
We welcome applicants with appropriate qualifications, and experience, to send a cover letter, brief CV with the names of three references to the HR Manager, at [email protected]cowanhouse.co.za.
Closing date: Monday 31 May 2021.
We would love for you to visit us.
Let us know what day and time would best suit you.
033 343 3261