Submitted by Signa Group on Fri, 2021-05-21 10:16
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
The Incumbent will be responsible for carrying out a range of cleaning activities to the Training Centre, including mopping, sweeping, dusting, vacuum, and emptying bins
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum requirement is Matric (Grade 12) / equivalent.
• Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies will be advantageous.
• Health and Safety training will be advantageous.
• 1-2 years’ relevant experience
• Check and sanitize classrooms every morning before commencement of training, and
ensure that all notice boards are clean.
• Clean kitchen area daily.
• Clean water dispensers once a week.
• Clean and sanitize the pause area / tearoom every morning & afternoon.
• All floors & toilets including change rooms to be cleaned daily & soap dispensers to be
• Toilet paper & hand towels to be checked daily to ensure always available.
• Empty and clean office bins daily.
• Clean all offices and classrooms twice a week.
• Clean office windows inside and outside once a month.
• Keep record for all cleaning material that needs to be purchased as used. Admin to assist with
• Clean kitchen cabinets once a month.
• Maintain tidy and organised storage area.
• Follow all health and safety regulations and report any damage or maintenance if necessary.
• Clean and disinfect offices and classroom surfaces as per COVID regulations.
• Arrange refreshments for learners / visitors.
• Required to cooperate with co-workers and learners.
• Must have good time management.
• Deep cleaning needs to be done once in three months at the centre.
• Sanitize all boardrooms after each meeting.
KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
● Ability to stand for extended periods.
● Fine dexterity to operate cleaning equipment.
● Visual alertness to inspect paperwork for accuracy.
● Ability to hear and speak to exchange information.
● Ability to occasionally bend, stoop and reach for work tools of trade etc.
● Ability to occasionally lift and carry standard office items/tools of trade.
● Ability to attend work at least in normal business hours.
● Ability to stay alert and sustain effectiveness through antisocial hours in times of emergencies or
conflicting deadlines/work under pressure
Closing date: 25.05.2021
Required start date: 01.06.2021
Salary: commensurate with qualifications and experience
The company reserves the right to add, modify or remove this position at its sole discretion.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us 14 days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Signa Fibre Institute