BURSARY APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN.
Applications Open 1 March 2021 and Applications Close on 15 September 2021.
Mediclinic Southern Africa is investing in the continuum of care.
- The academic sponsorship will offer the successful applicant the opportunity to complete his or her studies towards a specified course which is accredited by the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA).
- The value of the sponsorship is informed by the needs of the awardee.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
- Applicants must be South African citizens or permanent residents.
- Applicants must be registered with the HPCSA.
- An applicant must have been interviewed and offered a numbered training post in a training institution recognised for specialist or sub-specialist training.
- Recipients will be expected to comply with all the requirements for the specialist and/or sub-specialist qualification(s).
- Institutions are required to internally coordinate the applications they put forward.
- Applicants and or institutions must complete the relevant application form online.
- Shortlisted applicants must be available for interviews.
- Sponsorships are made at the sole discretion of Mediclinic’s selection committee.
- An official letter of request from the applicant as motivation
- Curriculum vitae of applicant
- HPCSA-registration proof
- A letter of support from the associated university. The letter should address the following questions: Is this an unfunded or self-funded post? Is a training number available for the specified post? Does the applicant qualify? Is the applicant recommended for the proposed course?
TERMS OF FUNDING
- Can only apply for an existing HPCSA-accredited specialist or sub-specialist course or programme
- The sponsorship amount will be paid, as negotiated, directly to the hosting university
- The funds will be awarded over the approved sponsorship period and will contribute towards the studies of the selected applicant
- Successful applicants are required to report on their progress once a year
- The host institution and bursary recipient will be required to enter into, and all applications to be done via the electronic application platform. The bursary applications open on a specified date and will close on a specified date.