Company name: Dis-Chem Pharmacies Limited
Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
Job type: Permanent
Dis-Chem Pharmacies in Kwazulu Natal has a an opportunity for a security guard to Render a security service in terms of the Private Security Industry Regulations Act 56 of 2001 as amended for the Dis-Chem Group that meets Dis-Chem’ security requirements to protect assets, property and staff by creating a safe and secure environment, through identifying signs of criminal activities or disorder and investigating disturbances while adhering to legislation relevant to the industry and best practice.
- Grade 12 – Matric or a Senior Certificate
- Grade C accreditation with the PSIRA
- A general minimum exposure of at least 3 years in the retail industry, such as shopping malls and warehouses
- At least 1 year specific previous experience in a similar role
- Be vigilant and alert of surroundings to identify suspicious activities and apprehend criminals or remove violators according to the legal authority invested in the industry and Dis-Chem standard operating procedures for the specific post through.
- Random patrols of the premises on regularly basis to ensure optimal visibility and reduce risks.
- Monitor and control access to the premises by documenting and regulating entrance into the site by vehicles or pedestrian’s access points to allow entry only to individuals with the correct authorization.
- Investigate and report signs of damage or unlawful entry as it occurs to management and act accordingly in the best interest of protecting Dis-Chem assets.
- Be clearly visible as far as reasonably possible as deterrent to discourage criminal activities, prevent theft, – damage, – personal injury, and other dishonourable acts.
- Be professionally courteous and friendly, approachable, and willing to help others when receiving guests, customers and employees.
- Access control – searching of staff, suppliers and company merchandisers.
- Maintain and complete all registers and occurrence books.
- Cancel staff purchasers and goods declared.
- Supervise and check refuse removal according to Dis-Chem standards
- Protect the property and assets of the business from all dishonest persons, action or any acts of malicious behaviour that could result in the company suffering loss.
- Be present at your post at all times when on duty.
- Practice good customer service relations for all Dis-Chem internal and external customers.
- Report any unusual or suspicious behaviour by staff, customer or suppliers.
- Opening and closing procedures-to be present observant and vigilant at the opening and closing of the site.
- Ensure that all doors and windows are locked at the end each day.
- Ensure that all water taps turned off when applicable.
- Do continuous personnel frisking and searches on a daily basis.
- PSIRA knowledge
- Fire emergency and relevant Health and Safety Training and exposure
- English – Read, write and speak well as it is the organization’s official language.
- 3rd Language
Special conditions of employment:
- PSIRA registered.
- Grade C PSIRA accreditation.
- South African
- MIE, clear criminal and credit.
- Driver’s license and own reliable transport and PDP when deployed as a driver.
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market related salary
- Medical aid – Kaelo
- Provident fund (PSSPF)
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.