It Application Development
To provide specific insights into all the functions of the Nedbank Group in order to enable informed decision making at all levels.
- Conduct research by undertaking and documenting feasibility and impact study.
- Create a proposed solution based on the Business Requirements Definition (BRD).
- Produce a High Level Design (HLD) using the BRD.
- Deliver final solution by obtaining customer acceptance and sign off.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc).
- Participate and support corporate social responsibility initiatives for the achievement of key business strategies.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance processes; systems and policies and support implementation of new processes; policies and systems.
- Engage and agree proposed solution as contained in High Level Design (HLD) Document by iterative engagements with clients.
- Conduct regular feedback sessions with developers to ensure alignment with technical specifications.
- Build collaborative relationships by assisting team with resolutions of technical issues.
- Adhere to the customer engagement model by communicating new or changed solutions.
- Keep customer satisfied by providing regular feedback sessions and defining the relevant operational level agreements (OLA).
- Ensure work is completed on time by adhering to the deadlines as per the Task Request System (TRS).
- Gather and document business requirements (BRD) by facilitating information gathering sessions with the customer.
- Produce the technical specification document by identifying and analysing relevant data sources; documenting and applying business rules; creating the dimensional model and cube design.
- Explain the design to the front and back end developers by facilitating technical sessions.
- Produce report/ dashboard specification document by engaging with client and developers.
- Ensure quality of output and alignment to requirements by conducting / coordinating unit; integration and user acceptance testing.•Ensure compliance by adherence to standards; policies and procedures throughout the development lifecycle.
- Keep abreast of legislation and other industry changes that impacts on role by reading the relevant newsletters; websites and attending sessions.
- Understand and embrace the Nedbank vision and demonstrate the values through interaction with team and stakeholders.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managersEnsure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities by ensuring all learning activities are completed; experience practiced and certifications obtained and/or maintained within specified time frames.
- Ensure information is provided correctly to stakeholders by maintaining knowledge sharing knowledge with team.
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
Bachelor of Science: Information Technology , Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
Minimum Experience Level
3 – 5 years experience in IT and BI environment
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Administrative procedures and systems
- Business principles
- Business terms and definitions
- Communication Strategies
- Data analysis
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Industry trends
- Microsoft Office
- Principles of financial management
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Research methodology
- Decision-making process
- Business writing skills
- Cluster Specific Operational Knowledge
- IT / Banking knowledge
- IT / Banking procedures
- Applied Learning
- Building Partnerships
- Decision Making
- Quality Orientation
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills