Job Title : Creditors Administrator
Peromnes Grade : Peromnes Grade 11 (R 400 445.74 CTC Per Annum)
Location : Head Office (Pretoria)
Reporting Line : Finance Manager
Overall Job Purpose : To perform efficient administration support related to creditor’s reconciliation, adherence to creditor’s payment terms, ensuring that all suppliers statement is received and recorded monthly, on time, verification, and checking of all order and payments document .
- Generate Purchase Orders and capture all relevant documentation on the electronic Accpack system.
- Send orders to end-user and suppliers via e-mail or post.
- Capture invoices against an order that was made out.
- Request for authorization of payments from Managers, Executive Managers, and the CEO office.
- Prepare daily CGS payments.
- Send remittances to unit administrators and suppliers on a daily basis.
- Filing of documents on a daily basis – Orders and Payments.
- Match the invoices with the statements on a daily basis.
- Place request for statements or invoices from the CGS suppliers.
- Reconcile the 25th and month-end payments.
- Verify validity and capture of invoices for its relevant period.
- Ensure accurate, relevant, reliable, and timeous provision of financial information.
- Ensure compliance with CGS financial policies and procedures, PFMA, Treasury regulations, GAAP, IFRS.
- Safeguard compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Perform checking and authorization of delegated order and payment processes.
RECORDS AND DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT
- Ensure a filing system that is easily accessible and effective for ease of tracking and retrieval of documents.
- Maintain a filing system of all correspondences and documentation relating to Orders and Payments.
- Safeguard and secure Orders and Payments documents.
- Facilitate enterprise and supplier development initiatives with the private sector, governments, and other departments.
- Studying various areas of assessing economic potential and opportunities for new business within the CGS.
- Managing the development plans and supporting the small businesses whilst supporting the growth of their enterprises.
- Meet monthly with each business to assess progress towards objectives.
- Monitor and improve the CGS BBBEE scorecard.
- Ensure that controls supporting Order and Payment processing are adhered to at all times.
- Report on discrepancies between documents to be filed and transactions processed on the accounting system.
- Maintain an audit trail tracking the Order and Payment processing progress.
- Adherence to Good Accounting Practices within the area of responsibility.
STAKEHOLDER RELATIONS/ CUSTOMER
- Ensure that queries are resolved within the finance unit and report to Senior.
- Assist the internal and external Auditors with queries of the Order and Payment processing.
- Communicate with client departments to address inquiries and resolve any arising issues.
- Mentor and coach Finance Administrative Officer: Creditors juniors to promote skills/knowledge transfer.
- Compile and submit your own Personal Development Plan.
- Participates in relevant and application training courses, workshops, etc. as needed/directed.
- Contribute to the knowledge exchange or sharing activities.
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Attention to detail
- Strong Leadership qualities
- Communication (Verbal and Written)
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Innovative, Creative, and Strategic Thinking
- Emotional Intelligence
- Planning and Organizing
- Numerical Skill and Computer literate
- Business Acumen
- Customer orientation
- Report writing skills
- Sense of urgency
- Work under pressure
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have three (3) years working experience of which the majority of the experience (more than 50 %) must be in an administrative role in a Creditor’s environment.
- Proficient in Accpac or equivalent financial system.
- Understanding of PFMA and Treasury Regulations and Guidelines.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Creditors.
- Knowledge of basic financial administration operating systems.
- Fully computer literate with a moderate level of MS Office. Knowledge and technical skills or proven expertise in creditor’s reconciliation.
- Ability to capture data, operate a computer, and collate financial statistics.
- Ability to understand relevant directives and compile management reports.
- Ability to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters.
- Confident and able to work on own initiative.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Grade 12 and 5 (Five) years relevant experience or
- National Diploma: Accounting and 3 (three) years relevant experience.
The Council for Geoscience is committed to Employment Equity and diversity. In accordance with the Employment Equity prescripts, preference will be given but not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups. Females and people from previously disadvantaged groups and sectors are encouraged to apply.
If you meet the above requirements and wish to apply, please send your application to [email protected]Please quote the position title (Creditors Administrator) as a reference when submitting your application.
Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not been contacted within eight (8) weeks after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
All appointments are subject to vetting processes. Appointments are subject to positive vetting results.
Closing Date: 10 May 2021