Job Title : Cleaner
Peromnes Grade : Peromnes Grade 17 (R 135 156,92 CTC Per Annum)
Location : Head Office, Pretoria
Reporting Line : Manager Facilities Management
Overall Job Purpose : To undertake cleaning duties as directed by the Cleaning Supervisor, using the prescribed methods and frequencies in line with the requirements of the cleaning specifications.
- Emptying waste bins or similar receptacles, transporting waste material to designated collection points.
- Clean all the offices; venues; general kitchens; corridors, elevators, public areas, and restrooms as per the daily/ weekly schedule.
- Prepare facilities for meetings and training.
- Cleaning walls, windows, and doors as well as emptying and cleaning waste bins.
- Using electrically powered scrubbing and polishing machines to burnish, scrub, polish, and spray clean floors (after receiving proper instruction and training).
- Using electrically powered pick-up machines.
- Dust, damp wipe, wash or polish furniture, ledges, window sills, external surfaces of cupboards, shelves, and fitments.
- Replenish consumable items (soap, toilet rolls, paper towels) used at various points of cleaning service.
- Clean toilets, urinals, hand basins, sinks, baths, showers, and drinking fountains.
- Use of chemical agents as directed by the Supervisor Cleaning in the discharge of cleaning operations or maintenance procedures, after receiving proper instructions and training.
- Adhere to the cleaning checklist and ensure that it is completed and signed daily.
- Cleaning of machines and equipment after use.
- Report all faults or broken cleaning machines and equipment to the Supervisor Cleaning for repairs.
- Ensure that the issue forms are correctly filled in when collecting products and equipment.
- Ensure that the appropriate CGS personal protective equipment (PPE) is worn according to the task performed.
- Adhere to the Occupational Health & Safety Act and related regulations when utilizing tools equipment and machinery.
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to communicate.
- Ability to operate cleaning machinery and equipment.
- Knowledge of cleaning materials, methods, and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- ABET Certification/ Grade 12, and/or Certificate in Cleaning and Housekeeping.
- 2 years experience and knowledge of general cleaning in corporate offices.
- Ability to read and write will be an added advantage.
- Cleaning and Housekeeping Skills.
- Basic literacy (ability to read and write).
- Basic numeracy (ability to count).
- Reliable and hardworking.
The Council for Geoscience is committed to Employment Equity and diversity. In accordance with the Employment Equity prescripts, preference will be given but not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups. Females and people from previously disadvantaged groups and sectors are encouraged to apply.
If you meet the above requirements and wish to apply, please send your application to [email protected] Please quote the position title (Cleaner: Pretoria) as a reference when submitting your application.
Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not been contacted within eight (8) weeks after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
All appointments are subject to vetting processes. Appointments are subject to positive vetting results.
Closing Date: 06 May 2021