2X GENERAL WORKERS (UPINGTON) AND 2X GENERAL WORKERS (GRIEKWASTAD)
Job Title: 2X General Workers (Upington) and 2X General Workers (Griekwastad)
Position Status : Temporary
Peromnes Grade: R 350 per day
Period : 3 Months
Location: Upington Office & Griekwastad Storage Facility
Reporting Line: Facilities Manager
Overall Job Purpose: To obtain the services of 4X general workers on a three month contract basis to assist with the borehole core sample rescue campaign in Upington and Griekwastad.
- Transfer core from old core trays to the appropriate metal core trays.
- Assist with loading of core onto trucks
- Assist with cleaning of the area after the core has been removed.
- Unload empty core trays from trucks.
- Clean and prepare core
- And any other ad-hoc duties.
KnoWeledge and Experience:
- Warehouse packing, storage and general maintenance experience
- Operating a forklift (Advantage)
- Grade 12
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Basic literacy (ability to read and write)
- Basic numeracy (ability to count)
- Reliable and hardworking
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to communicate
The Council for Geoscience is committed to Employment Equity and diversity. In accordance with the Employment Equity prescripts, preference will be given but not limited to candidates from under represented designated groups. Females and people from previously disadvantaged groups and sectors are encouraged to apply.
If you meet the above requirements and wish to apply, please send your application to [email protected] Please quote the position title (General Workers: Upington or General Workers: Griekwastad)
Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not been contacted within eight (8) weeks after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
All shortlisted candidates will be vetted. Appointments are subject to positive vetting results.
Closing Date: 06 May 2021