- Full Time
- Published: 1 week ago
General WorkerApply NowAs a listed holding company of several well known and much loved brands and businesses, AVI is the corporate head office.
Duties & Responsibilities
With the humble beginnings of a single store in Johannesburg CBD opened by Anthony and David Spitz in 1968, SPITZ has grown from strength-to-strength to become synonymous with the excellence of the exclusive international brands it offers in-store.
An exciting opportunity exists for a GENERAL WORKER at the Spitz Warehouse in Isando, Johannesburg. The GENERAL WORKER will assist various departments within the warehouse with warehouse processes and general tasks.
Reporting to: Warehouse Supervisor
Key Performance Areas:
- Pick and pack stationery and consumables orders for stores.
- Generate waybills for processing
- Label cartons
- Stock count for stationery and consumables
- Receiving of stationery and consumables
- Offloading of inbound parcels and assist with the receipting process.
- Assist with the returns process, unpacking, relabeling, checking and repacking.
- Assist with the outbound process, including but not limited to picking, packing, checking and sealing.
- Assist with inventory processes, including but not limited to cycle counts, stock count, put-away and optimization.
- General warehouse processes including but not itemised to stock movement, cleaning, sorting and housekeeping.
- In addition, you may from time to time be required to perform duties that are not listed above but are reasonably within the ambit of you job title.
- 1 years’ working in a distribution environment
- Senior Certificate
Technical Competencies & Knowledge:
- Ability to work overtime dependent on operational requirements
- Work with others
- Be flexible and adaptable to change
- Deliver customer service
- Govern and follow rules