DC PickerDis-Chem Pharmacies Limited
Location: Midrand, Gauteng
Job type: Permanent
Posted 21 October 2020 – Closing Date 20 November 2020
DC – CM Division
Company primary industry
Job functional area
Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ Distribution Centre in Midrand has an opportunity available for a Picker to join the team. The main purpose of this role will be to achieve operational excellence, within the Dis-Chem Distribution Centre. Ensure efficient and accurate picking of stock in line with company standard operational procedures within the warehouse.
- Grade 12 / Matric
- 1 Year relevant experience, in a Distribution, Logistics or Supply Chain Environment
- Ensure orders are picked, once an order is received.
- Ensure that necessary totes/ boxes are used and rules are followed at all times, when receiving picking instructions.
- Ensure necessary standards of speed, accuracy and targets are maintained, while picking.
- Ensure all goods when picked are loaded into the system guided coloured tote or box.
- Ensure that the completed order is dropped off at the correct checking area or conveyor.
- Ensure that specialized procedures and security measures are followed, when picking in areas, like fridge, food or restricted/ scheduled areas.
- Ensure that the warehouse and storage areas space is used in an optimal manner.
- Ensure compliance with high standards of accuracy in order to meet customer requirements.
- Ensure efficient and timely picking, to ensure the on time dispatch and delivery of customer orders.
- Report all damaged goods, empty packaging, variances and errors to supervisor or management.
- Report accidents that occurred while picking.
- Mark and report any merchandise which is short dated or expired to the Inventory team.
- Apply a procedure of stock rotation when packing away stock (Earliest expiry date, to be picked first).
- Apply a procedure of stock rotation when picking stock that expires (FEFO – First Expiry First out).
- Have knowledge of the business measures and targets, directly related to own role.
- Demonstrates a customer service mind set.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Deadline driven.
- Demonstrates personal initiative.
Special conditions of employment:
- South African citizen
- MIE, clear criminal and credit.
- Be able to adapt to working hours according to business needs.
- Be able to work any shift i.e. day, night, weekends, holidays and overtime as per business and operational requirements.
- Must be willing to be rotated to where needed and must be willing to perform any other functions within the department, should the need arise.
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.