SOUTH AFRICAN POST OFFICE (SAPO)
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
Job Title: Security Administrator C5 – 1 Position
(Position based in Pretoria, NPC)
Reports to: Head of IT Security
Responsible for the management and co-ordination of the planning, development, implementation and maintenance of the security requirements for all platforms within Postbank and in line with business objectives
The person in this role should support and maintain various security equipment.
• Manage all security resources within Postbank to protect the confidentiality and integrity of customer, employee and business information in compliance with organizational policies and standards, which includes the implementation of enhancements to all platforms.
• Develop and implement security policies & rules and apply updates to objects and policies from time to time to ensure the IT environment is secure to the highest possible level.
• Ensure the identification of all Postbank security requirements (threats, risks, weaknesses) necessary for the protection of all information processed, stored and/or transmitted by the information systems to ensure compliance.
• Audit the Operating System (OS) environment for security strength and apply necessary changes/patches to keep security up to ISO standards.• Monitor functionality of hardware, software and IOS, resolve database problems and document all system violations and related results.
• Ensure the efficient management and control of functions/resources in accordance with the stipulations of the PFMA, fraud prevention and risk management principles, corporate governance, legislation, company policies, processes, regulations, Delegation of Authority, etc.
All the above roles interface with:
• Networking team
• Server Support team
• Change Management
• Problem Management
• Incident Management
• IT Production Services
• IT Applications support
• Project teams
• Relevant Degree or Diploma in Information Technology
• CISA, CISM & CISSP certificate (Advantage)
• ITIL Foundation
• 3 – 5 years’ experience in the IT Security field
Knowledge and understanding of:
• Database security (SAP, SQL, incident response planning & execution
• Oracle database security suite
• Information Security standards (ISO 27001)
• Strategy development, deployment, planning and communications
• Project management (principles, practices, techniques and tools)
• Organisational development, management techniques and good business practices
• Risk and Compliance management
• Relevant statutes, rules and regulations
• SLA Management
Skills and Attributes:
• Written and verbal Communication
• Time management
• Firewall configuration and management
• Intrusion Prevention
• Anti-virus and anti-malware tools
• ISO 27001/2
• Security related certification (CISSP)
• IT compliance
• Positive attitude
• Work under stress
The South African Postbank SOC Limited is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment, especially with regard to race, gender and disability. In compliance with the banks employment equity plans, first preference will be given to candidates from designated groups. Correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only.
If you wish to apply, please forward your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to [email protected].
Please indicate in the subject line the position you are applying for.
Closing date: 11 September 2020
Position number: 60066391
Cost Centre: 50800
If you do not hear from the South African Postbank SOC Limited or its Agent within 3 months of this advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful. The South African Postbank SOC Limited reserves the right not to fill the positions or to re-advertise the positions at any time.