Data Capturer X7 School Based HIV and GBV
Advert reference number: NM007 – 2020.
Main purpose of the job
To coordinate the data processing and data management activities in fixed facilities (clinics) and
roving mobile units, such as developing standard operating procedures, overseeing data
capturing and providing analysis output and data quality control.
Wits RHI – Western Cape – City of Cape Town X1
Wits RHI – Gauteng – Sedibeng X1
Wits RHI – Eastern Cape – Alfred Nzo X1, Buffalo City X1
Wits RHI – Limpopo – Mopani X1, CapricornX1
Wits RHI – Free State – Thabo Mafutsunyane X2, Lejweleputswa X1
Key performance areas
• Receive patient data from Clinicians for data capturing.
• Identify missing data, inconsistencies and errors and follow-up or report on missing data or
• Capture confidential information.
• Compare data entered with source documents and make necessary corrections to information
• Perform data cleaning.
• Perform regular data back ups.
• File patient documents according to protocol.
• Maintain an effective and efficient filing system.
• Distribute data and reports to relevant team members.
• Provide administrative support i.e. copying, faxing, filing, archiving etc.
• Take ownership and accountability for tasks and demonstrates effective self management.
• Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of own work are consistently
and accurately maintained.
• Maintain a positive attitude and respond openly to feedback.
• Take ownership for driving own career development.
Required minimum education and training
• Grade 12 with basic computer and typing skills are essential.
Required minimum work experience
• Minimum 1 year’s experience in data capturing or administration.
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
•Certification in good data practice and experience in a community or healthcare facility
environment will be an advantage.
• Thorough with good attention to detail. Ordered and systematic with strict compliance to
• Good administrative skills are required together with working knowledge of Microsoft Office and
•Able to work to deadlines. Demonstrated data capturing speed and accuracy.
•Confidentiality, tact and discretion must be maintained at all times.
• Good communication skills.
•Self-motivated and able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy, please submit
(1.) a cover letter (maximum
one page) that clearly states which vacancy you are applying for and
(2.) a detailed CV to:
Nonhlanhla Mtswene at
Subject Heading of email must read: Advert
reference number: NM007- 2020 Job Title and Location of position applied for.
Those applicants that do not adhere to the above will not be considered for the respective position
The closing date for all applications is 03 September 2020.