SOUTH AFRICAN POST OFFICE (SAPO)
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
Job Title: ASSISTANT COMPANY SECRETARY (L5/6)
(Position based in NPC, Pretoria)
Reports to Company Secretariat
Provide advisory and consultative specialist support and assistance to the Chairman and members of the Board, including its Sub-Committees. To perform duties as Assistant Company Secretary according to legislative and stakeholder requirements to ensure high levels of Corporate Governance are maintained throughout the organisation.
• Meeting administration and management (i.e. arrange meeting, draft terms of reference, prepare agenda, take minutes, distribute minutes, etc.)
• Maintain a library of all statutory documentation and maintain a registry to ensure that all documents are filed accurately and available when required
• Ensure correspondence is correctly routed within the agreed timeframes
• Provide specialist support and assistance to ensure Corporate Governance is maintained
• Provide specialist support and assistance relating to Ethics throughout the organisation
• Research and share, new developments / case studies to improve Governance, Ethics, Board and Executive Effectiveness
• Ensure the efficient management, control, compliance and reporting of the function / resources in accordance with the stipulations of the PFMA, company specific policies and regulations, national legislation, fraud prevention and risk management principles, Corporate Governance, Skills development, Delegation of authority, etc.
A Degree (NQF Level 7) in Commerce and/or Legal. CIS qualification will be an advantage. 3 – 5 years’ experience as Assistant Company Secretary or Company Secretary
Knowledge and understanding of:
• Organisational awareness
• Constitution, legislation (E.g. Companies Act, PFMA) King 3, Company policies, rules and regulations
• Corporate Governance and Ethics
• Meeting procedures
• Strategy development and implementation
• Strategic process enhancement
• Change Management Methodologies
• Project management (principles, practices, techniques and tools)
• Organisational development, management techniques and good business practices
• Financial Management
• Quality Management Systems (e.g. ISO standards)
• Value Chain Management
• Risk and Compliance management
• Relevant statutes, rules and regulations
Skills and Attributes:
Computer literate (Ms Word, Excel & PowerPoint), Good listening skills, Strong questioning skills, Advocacy skills, Conflict resolution and/or mediation skills, Influencing and Negotiation skills, Advanced verbal and written communication, presentation and selling skills, Conceptualisation and integration skills, Decision making skills, Analytical Thinking and Research skills, Ability to analyse complex problem situations and design effective remedial solutions, Planning, Coordination & Implementation skills, Accurate numerical computations, analytical and overall quantitative skills, Emotional intelligence, Business Acumen, Organisational awareness, Adaptability to change, Effective Communication, Learning Agility, Initiative, creativity and Innovation, Cross Cultural Awareness and sensitivity, Decision Making, Knowledge Management, Managing and developing others, Relationship Building, Resilience, Customer and Client Orientation.
The South African Postbank SOC Limited is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment, especially with regard to race, gender and disability. In compliance with the banks employment equity plans, first preference will be given to candidates from designated groups. Correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only.
If you wish to apply, and meet the minimum requirements please forward your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to [email protected].
Please indicate in the subject line the position you are applying for.
Closing date: 2 September 2020
Position numbers: 60066586
Cost Centre: 50800
If you do not hear from the South African Postbank SOC Limited or its Agent within 3 months of this advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful. The South African Postbank SOC Limited reserves the right not to fill the positions or to re-advertise the positions at any time.