SOUTH AFRICAN POLICE SERVICE (SAPS)
Remuneration Level: R295 905 per annum
LOCATION: EHW GAUTENG PROVINCE (Alberton)
REFERENCES: GP 1/7/20 (1 post)
LOCATION: EHW GAUTENG PROVINCE (Alexandra)
REFERENCES: GP 2/7/20 (1 post)
LOCATION: EHW GAUTENG PROVINCE (Brakpan)
REFERENCES: GP 3/7/20 (1 post)
LOCATION: EHW GAUTENG PROVINCE (Brixton)
REFERENCES: GP 4/7/20 (1 post)
LOCATION: EHW GAUTENG PROVINCE (Bronkhorstspruit)
REFERENCES: GP 5/7/20 (1 post)
LOCATION: EHW GAUTENG PROVINCE (Carletonville)
REFERENCES: GP 6/7/20 (1 post)
LOCATION: EHW GAUTENG PROVINCE (Daveyton)
REFERENCES: GP 7/7/20 (1 post)
LOCATION: EHW GAUTENG PROVINCE (Diepkloof)
REFERENCES: GP 8/7/20 (1 post)
LOCATION: EHW GAUTENG PROVINCE (Dobsonville)
REFERENCES: GP 9/7/20 (1 post)
LOCATION: EHW GAUTENG PROVINCE (Heidelberg)
REFERENCES: GP 10/7/20 (1 post)
LOCATION: EHW GAUTENG PROVINCE (Hillbrow)
REFERENCES: GP 11/7/20 (1 post)
LOCATION: EHW GAUTENG PROVINCE (Honeydew)
REFERENCES: GP 12/7/20 (1 post)
LOCATION: EHW GAUTENG PROVINCE (Ivory Park)
REFERENCES: GP 13/7/20 (1 post)
LOCATION: EHW GAUTENG PROVINCE (Jeppe)
REFERENCES: GP 14/7/20 (1 post)
LOCATION: EHW GAUTENG PROVINCE (Johannesburg Central)
REFERENCES: GP 15/7/20 (1 post)
LOCATION: EHW GAUTENG PROVINCE (Krugersdorp)
REFERENCES: GP 16/7/20 (1 post)
LOCATION: EHW GAUTENG PROVINCE (Mamelodi East)
REFERENCES: GP 17/7/20 (1 post)
LOCATION: EHW GAUTENG PROVINCE (Pretoria Central)
REFERENCES: GP 18/7/20 (1 post)
LOCATION: EHW GAUTENG PROVINCE (Sandton)
REFERENCES: GP 19/7/20 (1 post)
LOCATION: EHW GAUTENG PROVINCE (Temba)
REFERENCES: GP 20/7/20 (1 post)
LOCATION: EHW GAUTENG PROVINCE (Tembisa)
REFERENCES: GP 21/7/20 (1 post)
LOCATION: EHW GAUTENG PROVINCE (Vereeniging)
REFERENCES: GP 22/7/20 (1 post)
|Generic Requirements: |
Applicants must display competency in the post-specific functions of the post;
Be in possession of a Senior Certificate (Grade 12)
Be (proficient) in at least two official languages, of which one must be English;
Must be a SA citizen.
Must have no previous convictions or cases pending;
Interpersonal, communication and Organizational Skills.
Analytical, Self-Management and Problem Solving Skills.
Report Writing, presentation, development skills; Be in possession of at least a valid light driver’s license;
Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening and fingerprint verification;
Relevant courses in the field of the post may be an advantage
Additional post requirements:
A recognized four (4 year) Social Work Degree recorded on the National Learner Record Database (NLRD) on at least a NQF 6 or higher level. Must have good interpersonal skills, presentation skills, group work and case work facilitation skills, professional clinical report writing skills and computer skills (Ms Word, Ms Power Point and Ms Office Outlook).
Registered as a Social Worker with the SA Council for Social Service Professions and submit proof [certified copy] of valid registration for the financial year 2020/2021.
2 years social work experience within substance abuse, gender based violence and generic wellness environment will serve as an added advantage.
Render – psychologically related interventions.
Ensure the rendering of a professional, integrated service by Employee Health and Wellness to SAPS employees.
Render counselling, psychotherapeutic and psychologically related interventions.
Render Trauma and Suicide Interventions
Work within a Multi- disciplinary Employee Health and Wellness Team.
Improve the mental well-being of members by providing psychological, emotional, personal and work related interventions.
Conduct Organizational Diagnosis and team building initiatives.
Marketing of Psychological services.
Assist with the facilitation of Assessment Centre processes.
Management of human, physical and financial resources.
Assist in the Psychometric Testing.
Assist in the development of Organizational Norms, Standards and Procedures. Offer supervisory services to other Psychological Services staff members.
* Only the official application form (available on the SAPS website www.saps.gov.za/careers and at SAPS Police Stations) will be accepted. The Z83 previously utilized will no longer be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
* It is not necessary for certification and commissioning of applications at this stage due to COVID-19 restrictions.
* The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
* A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form.
* Copies of an applicant’s ID, Senior Certificate and all educational qualifications obtained, service certificates of previous employers stating the occupation, proof of relevant experience in the field of the post and motor vehicle driver’s license.
* Qualifications and driver’s licences submitted will be subjected to verification checking with the relevant institutions. The South African Police Service will verify the residential address of applicants and conduct reference checks.
* Appointment will be made in terms of the SAPS Act, 1995 as applicable to the post environment.
* Applications must be hand delivered or couriered door-to-door. Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
* The closing date for applications is: 28 AUGUST 2020
* If a candidate is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her to undergo a personal interview as well as a practical assessment. Reference checking will be conducted on all short listed applicants.
* Short-listed candidates for appointment to certain identified posts, will be vetted in terms of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007 (Act No 32 of 2007) and the Children’s Act, 2005 (Act No 38 of 2005). A candidate, whose particulars appear in either the National Register for Sex Offenders or Part B of the Child Protection Register, will be disqualified from appointment to that post.
The Criminal Law (Forensic Procedures) Amendment Act, Act 37 of 2013 requires that all new appointments in the South African Police Service as from 31st of January 2015 provide a buccal (inside cheek) sample in order to determine their forensic DNA profile. The forensic DNA profile derived from the sample will be loaded to the Elimination Index of the National Forensic DNA Database.
* All short-listed candidates will be subjected to fingerprint screening.
* Persons who retired from the Public Service by taking a severance package, early retirement or for medical reasons are excluded.
* Correspondence will be conducted with successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
* The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after the advertisement thereof.
* In the light of the high volume of applications envisaged, no faxes, or e-mails will be accepted and telephonic confirmations will not be done.
* Applications to be delivered to:
The Provincial Head: Human Resource Management
SAPS Provincial Head Office
16 Empire Road, Parktown
For Attention: Lt Col Henning / Capt Lennox / Capt Barnard)
Tel: (011) 274-7913 / 7424 / 7423
WE WELCOME APPLICATIONS FROM PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES.