HEALTH SYSTEMS TRUST
CORPORATE SERVICES UNIT
HUMAN RESOURCES (HR) ADMINISTRATOR
Health Systems Trust wishes to appoint one Human Resources Administrator, based in the Durban office, to provide a professional and effective administration service within the HR Department by ensuring that accurate and up-to-date administrative functions are performed and maintained.
These are fixed-term contract positions, renewable based on funding.
Provide high-quality services, rendered to clients according to HST standards and in line with funder requirementsDevelop and maintain administrative systems and procedures to provide support for HR activities and projects, which may include arranging meetings, travel requests, ordering stationery, preparing statistical reports, and follow-up on action points as and when requiredCreate purchase orders and process invoices for payment for all HR service providers, legal consultants, other consultants, subscriptions and other HR-related paymentsProvide administrative support with regard to organisational change processesSupport the implementation and maintenance of HR systems and relevant databasesSupport the Human Resource Officer in collating, checking and filing of the organisation’s performance reviewsDocument and store records of disciplinary and grievance matters
- Assist in maintaining the organisation’s Human Resources policies and procedures, ensuring that these are implemented, administered and maintained effectively, including the maintenance of statistical information
- Support recruitment and selection process through advertising of vacancies, liaison to follow up with recruitment agencies, scheduling of interviews, and screening of applicants
- Support the recruitment process by compiling relevant documentation for payroll submissions, tracking, and reporting on new employees
- Administer processes for new starters, leavers and general HR-related matters
- Provide support for compiling, monitoring and recording of Employment Equity Plan progress / deviations and all related statutory reporting
- Assist where necessary with Employment Equity Committee meetings
- Ensure that relevant documents and induction packs are completed for new employees
- Administer all employment records, ensuring that new and existing employees’ files and all employee records are effectively updated and stored, and that the database is accurately updated and maintained
- Ensure timeous and accurate reporting for payments of Garnishees and Funds
- Be responsible for salary checklists and variance reports that listing all new additions, terminations, maternity claims, etc.
- A Grade 12 Certificate
- A degree or diploma in Human Resources – any other HR-related qualifications will be advantageous
- Experience in working with Sage Evolution and Sage–People 300
- Two to three years’ human resources administration experience; experience in an NGO environment would be an advantage.
- Basic knowledge of labour legislation and Codes of Good Practice, with particular emphasis on the Labour Relations Act and the Basic Conditions of Employment Act
- Sound knowledge of human resource management practices and procedures
- A proven track record and experience in managing HR administrative functions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Competence in MS Office at an advanced level is essential (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Good data interpretation skills
- Excellent time management and administrative skills
- Ability to work well within a team
- Conceptualization and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to demonstrate the highest level of ethical behaviour
- Persuasion, flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing environments and situations
- A valid driver’s licence.
A salary package commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications and in line with HST’s job grading system will be offered.
Interested applicants should forward a detailed CV stating the position applied for together with names and contact details (telephone numbers and an email address) of at least three contactable referees, at [email protected].
- Shortlisted candidates will be requested to submit certified copies of all qualifications and identity documents.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- E-mail users are requested to set the delivery option of their message on both ‘Return Receipt’ and ‘Confirm Delivery’.
- Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
- All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to reference and credential checks.
- If you have not been contacted within one month of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
- HST reserves the right to not fill this position.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 20 AUGUST 2020
HEALTH SYSTEMS TRUST PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.