|1 X ASSISTANT DIRECTOR: HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT (SALARY LEVEL 9)|
Salary: R 376 596.00 Per Annum (plus benefits)
Reference Number: CORP/HRM/ASD/01
Site: Corporate Office Park; Randfontein
• Recognised Bachelor’s Degree/National Diploma in Human Resource Management or equivalent NQF level 6 qualification relevant to the post.
• At least five (5) years’ experience in Human Resource Management environment of which 3 years should be on supervisory level.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in PERSAL System.
• Sound understanding of prescripts governing the TVET sector including amongst others CET Act etc
• Good understanding and interpretation of public service prescripts i.e Public Service Act, Public Service Regulations, Labour Relations Act, Basic Conditions of Employment Act, Employment Equity Act, Skills Development Act, Skills Development Levies Act, and other related policies.
• Good understanding of PSCBC, ELRC and GPSSBC resolutions.
• Knowledge of Human Resource Management, Administration and Development processes and procedures.
• Knowledge of policy development and analysis.
• Advanced Computer Literacy.
• Good communication, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
• Planning, organising, leading and control skills.
• Research, report writing and presentation skills.
• Diversity management skills.
• Registration with professional body i.e South African Board for People Practices (SABPP)
• Able to arrange and conduct training.
• A valid code 8 driver’s license.
1. Oversee Human Resource Management and Administration services
• Manage conditions of services (Leave, Housing, Medical, Injury on duty, Long service recognition, overtime, relocation, retirement, pensions, transfers, allowances etc.).
• Supervise the recruitment and selection processes as per the department and college prescripts (advert, shortlisting, interviews, security vetting, competency test, reference check, verification of qualifications).
• Management of the Human Resources Personnel records.
• Administration of payroll System.
• Advise staff of HRM related issues.
2. Oversee Human Resource Development services
• Administration of staff bursaries.
• Administration of Internship and Work Integrated Learning (WIL).
• Conduct staff induction.
• Coordinate and facilitate the training interventions.
• Develop and implement Workplace Skills Plan (WSP).
• Administration of Performance Management and Development Systems (PMDS) and Integrated Quality Management System (IQMS).
3. Coordinate and facilitate organizational development services
• Coordinate the design, review, and implementation of the college organizational structure.
• Facilitate the development of Job Descriptions.
• Coordinate the Job Evaluation of posts and submit to the Department.
• Conduct work-study and business process re-engineering.
• Facilitate change management and organizational transformation services.
4. Coordinate and facilitate Human Resource Planning (HRP) and Employment Equity (EE) services
• Develop, coordinate, implement, monitor, and review the college HR plan.
• Develop, coordinate, implement, monitor, and review the college EE plan.
• Provide report on HR and EE plans to management and relevant structures.
5. Provide Employee Health and Wellness (EHW) services
• Implement wellness programmes and service for the college.
• Coordinate and manage HIV, AIDS, STI and TB services.
• Coordinate and manage health productivity programmes.
• Implement health and safety working environment programmes.
• Promotion of sport activities to encourage physical fitness and healthy lifestyle.
6. Develop and implement Human Resource related policies and manuals.
7. Management of human and financial resources of the unit.
• Applications must be submitted on Form Z83, obtainable from any public service department including the college website (www.westcol.co.za). The form must be accompanied by certified copies of qualifications (certification must not be older than six (6) months and no copy of copy will be accepted), Senior Certificate (Grade 12), Identity Document, Driver’s Licence and Curriculum Vitae with contact details of three (3) references. Please take note that correspondence will be contacted with short listed candidates. If you are not contacted within three (3) months after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. No faxed or email application/s will be accepted.
• THE SENIOR PERSONNEL PRACTITIONER’S POST IS RE-ADVERTISED. THOSE WHO APPLIED BEFORE AND STILL INTERESTED ARE REQUESTED TO APPLY AGAIN.
• Failure to sign Form Z83, write the correct reference number and attach all the necessary certified documents required by the advertisement will make your application not to be considered.
• It is the intention of the college to promote representivity in the college through the filling of the posts. The applicants from designated groups especially in respect of female and people living with disabilities will receive preference. Appointments will be done according to the Employment Equity targets. The College reserve the right not to fill the position. No late entries would be accepted.
Kindly indicate the reference number and position you are applying for on your application form and forward your application to:
Post: The Human Resource Management (HRM) Department; Western TVET College; Private Bag X 17; RANDFONTEIN; 1760
OR (please use one option)
Hand delivery: The HRM Department; Western TVET College; 42 Johnstone Street; Hectorton; RANDFONTEIN
Closing date: 31 July 2020 at 12:00
Enquiries: Mr MD Phaka, the Deputy Principal Corporate Service; Telephone Number (011) 692 4004 Ext 1012