Advert reference number: SD0011
Groundsmen x 3 – Sessional
Company: Wits Health Consortium
Main purpose of the job To ensure the cleanliness and neatness of the exterior of the premises at all the WRHI sites and to assist the Maintenance assistant as and when required
Key performance areas:
• Sweep paving and sidewalks around the premises and in the car park.
• Pick up litter around the premises.
• Ensure exterior drain covers are free from debris.
• Sweep and wash down all verandas’ s and entrances to the building.
• Empty exterior bins and replace bags when required
• Cut lawns and trim edges.
• Water all plants and lawns.
• Weed all areas needing weeding e.g. flowerbeds.
• Assist with moving furniture and equipment when required.
• Assist Handyman with maintenance tasks as and when required.
• Report any building or equipment defects to the Maintenance assistant.
• Perform any ad hoc duties as and when required
• Take ownership and accountability for tasks and demonstrate effective self-management.
• Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of own work are consistently and accurately maintained.
• Maintain a positive attitude and respond openly to feedback.
• Take ownership for driving own career development by participating in ongoing training and development activities
Required minimum education and training
• Grade 10 (basic numeracy and literacy)
Required minimum work experience
• Minimum 12 months relevant experience Desirable additional . education, work experience and personal abilities
• Ability and knowledge to work with hand tools .
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy, please submit (1.) a cover letter (maximum one page) that clearly states which vacancy you are applyin [email protected] g for, and (2.) a detailed cv to Subject heading of email must read SD00 applying for.
Those applicants that do not adhere to the above will not be 11 2020 and Job title of position considered for the respective position applied for
The closing date for the vacancy is 21 July 2020
The Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates. Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications unsuccessful. In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suit able applicants from designated Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments groups as defined in the Employment thereto.