Advert reference number: SD008 – 2020
Driver – Research
Main purpose of the job
To collect and deliver the samples, sample kits and other study material in accordance with the relevant policies and
Key performance areas
• Liaise with management for daily transport schedule
• Complete relevant vehicle usage forms in accordance with vehicle policy
• Confirms that the correct scheduled participants are aware about collection of samples
• Confirm that participants have sample kits prior to being transported and shipped
• Maintains both pharmacy and laboratory chain of custody
• Collect and ship the study IMP safely to and from destinations
• Transport staff for home visit purposes
• Collect and deliver documents and/or goods safely
• Maintain study documentation as needed
• Provide any other ad hoc duties as assigned by management
• Assist with ad hoc administrative and maintenance duties as assigned by management
• Take ownership and accountability for tasks and demonstrates effective self-management
• Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of own work are consistently and accurately
• Maintain a positive attitude and respond openly to feedback.
• Take ownership for driving own career development by participating in ongoing training and development
activitie .Keep the vehicles clean and carry out the necessary checks.
• Operate the vehicle with care and consideration to other road users
• Obey National Traffic Law at all times
• Report any vehicle faults, repairs or accidents timely
Required minimum education and training
• Grade 12 (basic numeracy and literacy) with a valid South African driver’s license (Code 08 or Code 10).
Required minimum work experience
• Minimum of 1-year experience as a Driver.
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
• Certification in advanced driving or a Professional Drivers Permit.
• Certification in IATA. Able to work independently.
• A professional and positive disposition.
• Customer orientated and tactful.
• Self-motivated with a high regard for work ethic, values and integrity.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy, please send a detailed CV to: [email protected]
Subject Heading of email must read: Advert reference number: SD008 – 2020 and Job Title of position applied for.
Those applicants that do not adhere to the above will not be considered for the respective position applied for.
The closing date for all applications is 07 July 2020