HEAVY VEHICLE DRIVER
Group Shared Services
Job Type Classification
Location – Country
Location – Province
Location – Town / City
Location – Site
Job Advert Summary
The successful incumbent will be responsible for driving heavy vehicles and other vehicles in accordance with operating instructions and safe work procedures as enforced by the supervisor.
• Grade 10 or equivalent.
• Code EC1 driver’s licence with the ability to pass Rand Water’s K53 driver test.
• 2 years operating experience in driving heavy vehicles and ability to operate truck mounted crane.
• Must be in possession of a public driver’s permit.
• Delivery and collecting of equipment and materials.
• Assist with loading and offloading of garden and domestic refuse on a daily/weekly basis.
• Inspection of vehicles and cleaning of vehicles.
• Reporting of all incidents and defects to Supervisor.
• Safe loading/unloading/tying and stacking
• Safe working procedures.
• Correct balancing and positioning of material loaded.
• Job planning
• Driving of heavy vehicles.
• Pleasant personality (deals with public sector and other sites)
• Good communication skills.
• Truck mounted crane operation
• Customer service orientation.
• Team player.