Company – Coca-Cola Beverages South Africa
Job Type – Learnerships
Location – Country
KwaZulu-Natal – Durban (Premier Place/Phoenix)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the above vacancies within the Packaging Department.
To provide an opportunity for 30 people from the local community to enrol for a National Certificate in Food and Beverage Packaging – NQF level 3. They will enter into a fixed term, one year contract, with CCBSA Lakeside Manufacturing, during which they will undergo both on-the-job and theoretical learning, culminating in a National qualification.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
A Learnership is a structured learning programme that combines theoretical training and on-the-job learning in an integrated programme. The theoretical aspects of the learning are entrenched with work-based learning.
Further characteristics of a Learnership are:
• A Learnership leads to a national qualification registered on the (NQF) National Qualification Framework.
• The qualification is based on SAQA (South African Qualifications Authority) registered unit standards
• The unit standards are written to reflect value adding skills required in the workplace and contains the outcomes and assessment criteria.
• Competence is demonstrated in the workplace utilizing a variety of assessment methods and using the assessment criteria as the standard of performance.
• Be self motivated, be self starters and willing to work
• Have basic problem solving ability.
• Be able to pay attention to detail and take instructions.
• Have the ability to interact and work well within teams.
Skills, Experience & Education
Minimum Matric with an “E” pass (40% +) in both Mathematics (NOT Maths literacy) and Physical Science (NOT Life Sciences)
Must be a South African Citizen
Must be between 18-35 years of age
Must not have previously completed the same qualification/learnership at another company or organisation
Completed “N” courses – National Certificate: Food and Beverage Packaging Operations