The above mentioned positions are available in the Infrastructure and Facility Management department at Robben Island Museum. The General Workers will assist the Facilities Maintenance Unit on day to day maintenance, preventative and scheduled maintenance of all Built Infrastructure.
The incumbents will be required to work in accordance with relevant local building regulations, Heritage Regulations and adhere to Health and Safety Regulations.
Application Closing Date: Friday, March 13, 2020
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintenance of all Built spaces (the entire site, including the securing of unused buildings and precincts the roads and built structures);
• Carry out day to day maintenance of the Built Environment as assigned by the Facilities Maintenance Unit; • Weekly inspections of all built structures, keep schedules of all defects and rectify where required;
• Assist with the implementation of special projects within the department; • Ability to respond to emergencies, work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to clean, maintain or repair fittings, and fixtures, Operate hand tools; • Carry out any other adhoc urgent duties as assigned that affect operations of the Museum.
• Matric; • N3, or ND Diploma in Electrical Engineering, Plumbing, Building, Carpentry. Will be added as an advantage;
• Drivers licence will be an added advantage; • Attention to details; • Ability to read and write; • Physically fit and ability to use power hand tools.