The South African Army , through its Military Development System (MSDS), is offering youth South African citizens an opportunity to serve in uniform over a two-year period.
The Military Skills Development System is a two-year voluntary service system with the long term goal of enhancing the SA National Defence Force’s deployment capability.
Successful MSDS candidates will be appointed in a specific mustering and will be called up to a Training Unit, where members will complete their Basic Military Training, specific mustering and functional training in the first year and be utilized or deployed in the second year of the MSDS.
South African Citizen with no dual citizenship.
- Applicant aged between 18 and 22 with Grade 12 or 18 and 26 for applicants with tertiary qualifications (national diploma / degree/post graduate diplomas and post graduate degrees).
- Successfully completed grade 12 with university entrance Leadership potential Not be area bound.
- Have no criminal record or pending cases. Comply with medical fitness requirements for appointments in the SANDF.
- Be prepared to serve in uniform, undergo Basic Military and Functional Training.
The SA Army’s mandate focuses on the provisioning of combat ready forces and plays a leading role in landward operations. Training will be decentralized to operational units where members will appointed to undergo basic Basic Military Training, mustering training and be deployed as per requirements of the SA Army. Incomplete forms will not be considered.
ONLY applicants who have passed grade 12 may apply and must be older than the age as stipulated above on the date of reporting for training.
- Certified copies of ID document
- Grade 12 certificate
- or Post grade 12 qualifications
- CV must accompany the application form below